Doesn’t everyone have the right to a meaningful life in their community?
Greystanes Disability Services assists people with disabilities who may require significant support to participate and engage, to communicate, to exercise choice and decision-making, and for daily living and good health. Greystanes is committed to person centred service delivery and we support people to make choices and decisions about their lives and to take part in meaningful, everyday activities.
- Supports people with disabilities and their families
- Facilitates better community understanding and inclusion of people with disabilities and helps to foster a positive image of people with disabilities
- Manufactures standard and customised seating and mobility equipment for people with disabilities and the frail aged
- Develops innovative training, educational and advocacy resources to improve service delivery and support to people with disabilities
- Offers support for families of people with disabilities through the development of resources and programs and through the dissemination of information
- Advocates for people with disabilities and their families
- Develops and provides innovative flexible services for people with disabilities, in line with our commitment to person centred service delivery
- Assists people with disabilities and their family to self-manage their support service funding package
Greystanes was established in Leura in 1958 and was originally known as Greystanes Children’s Home.